Saturday, September 25, 2010

Beta Heroics

You may have heard it on the grapevine that Beta heroics were pretty hard. Let me confirm this: Yes, oh God, yes they are. However, they aren't impossible. It's actually fun to have to be on my toes for once. Shadowfang Keep was a wipefest, until we figured out what to CC. I even made a premade paladin, because my leveling gear just wasn't cutting it. I think I still need to run a few more Normal instances to gear up Quell. I have to admit, though, that all of this is a bit worry-some. The heroics that I have been running were all with guildies, and we had vent. Which brings up the question: If they are this hard with a premade group, what kind of hell are they going to be with a random queue group? I almost don't want to think about it. It reminds me a whole lot of TBC, when a lot of pug groups fell apart after the first few pulls in some of the more difficult heroics (Magister's Terrace, anyone?). Combine that with the fact that we now have a random dungeon CD if our group does fall apart, and we're back to taking an hour+ to finish an instance. Not a very hopeful prospect. Let's hope for some kind of change to either the queue system or the instances themselves, because our more "casual" gamers are going to have a very hard time come Cataclysm.

1 comment:

  1. And the part that sucks the most is the responsibility for tanks is going to increase a bunch, so people like me who have an alt tank and only tank heroics because it's easy to gear up my dps spec with insta-queues will not be tanking as often, making the dungeon queue times even longer. Having to mark up mobs for CC sometimes is just too much of a pain in the butt.

    ReplyDelete